5 Hairstyles for Hot Weather
Well, Summer is here, and “Wedding season” is upon us. With the temperatures rising and the humidity getting higher, frizzy hair and flyaways are inevitable. Here are 5 hairstyles to help you beat humidity:
1. French Braids: Braids are a great way to keep your hair from puffing out into a big hair ball. If secured tightly with bobby pins, a French braid is your best friend this season.
2. Top Knot: Whether you use a hair donut or freestyle it, a top bun is great for hot summer weather. For a night look, sleek back the front using cream, serum, or gel, and secure everything into place using bobby pins and hair spray.
3. Sectioned Ponytail: Great for bad weather but not so sexy. The Blake Lively inspired look is easy to maintain and do yourself. Section the top of your hair in to a half-ponytail and secure with a hair elastic, Next, section off the middle of your hair, bring it up and into the half ponytail, and secure with another hair elastic. Lastly, take the remaining section of hair and bring that up in to the middle section’s ponytail, and secure with another hair elastic. If your hair is long enough, place another hair elastic in this elongated ponytail for a totally unique pony!
4. Messy Bun: Buns and loose hair dos are dressy and at the same time durable in humid weather. For a more casual bun, gather the hair very loosely and tie in to a ponytail. Take the ponytail and gather it up in a pile on top of the hair elastic, and wrap another hair elastic haphazardly around the hair–the messier the better! Next, start pulling apart the bun in all directions to make it more voluminous, and also pull out a few face-framing pieces around the hairline.
5. Loose Waves: If your hair is naturally curly or frizzy, then go for loose waves. If it’s already curly, the weather can’t ruin that look for you. Make sure you spray some hairspray on it to keep everything in place.